Yields: 8 servings
Preptime: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 - 15 minutes
- 8Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 7 oz canCasa Fiesta Chipotle Peppers
- 6 tbspCumin
- 3 tbsp Mexene Chili Powder
- 1 bunchCilantro, Chopped
- 1Med Onion, Diced
- 2 cupsChicken Broth
- 1 can Casa Fiesta Jalapeño Relish
- 2 clovesGarlic, Minced
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- 8 loaves Torta or Small Sandwich Rolls
- In a blender, add the chipotle peppers, cumin, Mexene, 1/2 cilantro, 1/2 diced onion, chicken broth, Casa Fiesta Chipotle Peppers and garlic.
- Blend on high 30 seconds.
- Empty into a stock pot and add the chicken thighs.
- Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for 2 hours or until the thighs are tender.
- When cool, shred by hand and return to liquid mixture and keep warm.
- Remove thighs from the liquid and allow to cool.